Tuesday, March 3, 2009

COWGIRL UP

Here's another sewing project I completed this week - a padded fabric tote bag I made as a gift for an online swap partner, Tina. One of Tina's business names is "Paper Cowgirl". She's an altered paper artist and painter who has made a number of things for me. I truly treasure her artwork.
While shopping at JoAnn Fabrics a few weeks ago, I found the cutest fabric with cowboys and cowgirls on it. The printing on the fabric says, "Cowgirl Up" and I thought Tina would get a kick out of that so I bought some along with a coordinating "cowboy" fabric. I guess the phrase, "Cowgirl Up" would be akin to saying,"buck up" or "get a grip".
I hope Tina likes this tote and what I chose to put in it - which is a secret. The tote has a large outside pocket made from the coordinating fabric with which I lined the bag. On the inside is a pocket sewn from the main blue fabric. The tote bag was really fun to make and it's on its way to Tina at this moment.
P.S. Tina received her bag and liked it!

No comments: