Tuesday, March 31, 2009

YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS


I don't like bananas after they turn brown, but don't like wasting them. I don't bake as much as I used to, so ripe bananas sit on the kitchen counter until I get tired of looking at them. I found this yummy-sounding recipe and I'm baking right now.



PINEAPPLE BANANA BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed ripe bananas


DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I baked this bread today and Spouse cut into it right after supper, before it had cooled. He gave it a great review. I added 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded coconut and 1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts to the batter. Next time I'll add some golden raisins too.
I baked enough to freeze some for my daughter. I'll take it to her next time we visit. Son-in-law doesn't like coconut and certain kinds of nuts, so I made a loaf for him too - without those things.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009
Printed from http://allrecipes.com/

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I never thought of bananas and pineapple together - great idea!!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

sounds yummy