After numerous interruptions and a few days of not wanting to do any sewing, I finally finished those valances for my cabin curtains. I chose to make them from black and cream homespun, which goes well with the black crows in the curtains. The photos came out a bit dark, even though I had the lights on, but you can get the idea.
I had a lot of help as I tried to sew. It looks like Blooper decided the thread didn't taste so good after all.
There are lots of other things in the cabin I want to display but I'm not sure how I want them arranged. A few years ago I started a small collection of vintage crocheted potholder dresses and want to find a way to use them. There's also an old dairy crock I found at a thrift store but I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet. I also have bowls and basins filled with fabric squares and I love the look of all the colors mixed together, so I want to find a way to use those too. It seems I still have a lot of work to do.