Thursday, May 14, 2009

RAINY DAYS AND THURSDAYS


CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
3 cups uncooked quick oats
In medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. Cook over medium heat until boiling - boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Spoon out quickly onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Cookies set as they cool.
It's raining here in southwest Ohio and I don't have much incentive to work in the cabin this morning. I'm getting some housework done though - fun stuff like vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the bathroom. I'm making some chocolate oatmeal cookies (aka "No-Bakes") and planning a healthy supper of corn on the cob, steamed broccoli and carrots, and a fresh fruit salad. In the end, it will be a productive day.
What I'm also going to do today is make some valances for the cabin curtains I finished last week. They need a little "something" since the vintage potholder dresses I added as valances didn't look as good as I'd hoped. Today I'll search one of my fabric stashes and find the black and cream checked homespun I know is there. I think I can make some valances with one yard of fabric. That'll be a challenge but I still want to use what I have on hand. We'll see how it works.

1 comment:

Sherri/Here Goes My Life said...

OMG these look so good.I am definately going try these.