Saturday, July 25, 2009

DAY EIGHT.....DOING GREAT

This morning I finally caught Kelly in the act of washing and cleaning her babies. I'd been concerned she hadn't seemed to be tending to their bathroom needs, from what I could tell. She's become very good at nursing, but I'd never seen her washing them even though I check on her often and sometimes sit quietly and observe her. I placed a call to the vet yesterday and left a message. She returned my call last night and said I was right to be concerned, but that Kelly was probably cleaning them and helping them eliminate when I wasn't looking, otherwise they'd be showing signs of illness. As you can see from the video, they're nursing and moving around well. That's such a relief since I also have other things to worry about this week. These babies are so sweet. I want them to be healthy and thrive.

No comments: