Monday, July 20, 2009

I GOT YOU BABE....AND YOU....AND YOU....AND YOU.....


Today I was out of town visiting my mother who had recently been in the hospital. Mom went home Sunday and one sister spent the night with her while my other sister and I were with her today. I was conflicted about leaving my mama kitty and her newborns, but Spouse assured me he would regularly check on them and make sure they had everything they needed. I called home this afternoon to make sure things were going smoothly and was reassured everything was fine. I don't think my mother understood why I was concerned about being out of town. She has never taken care of pregnant cats or kittens. I guess I'm just a worrier when it comes to my little charges. I tend to think no one can care for them as well as I can, but Spouse proved me wrong. He did a great job today and I arrived back home tonight to find that all was well.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Good morning! :) First I want to say I hope your mom is doing alright. And second, those babies are looking great!! They are getting SOOO fat! :) And she seems like she is a WONDERFUL mama kitty!See....everything works out well in the long run. I'm a worrier too so I can relate to how you feel.

Have a great day and I'll be back to check on those precious little babies. You are doing such a wonderful job with them. We need more people like you in this world!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh those babys are most scrumptious and just to precious for words...give them a love from their Aunt Neenie..:) I too feel like you that only "I" will do a great job in tending to our babies..you are not alone..that is the mama bear in us..;)