Friday, October 2, 2009

ONE LAST VET CHECK

These days, everything I do with or for the kittens and their mama brings thoughts of "this is the last time I'll be doing....". Today is no exception. I have an appointment at the vet clinic to secure the kittens' and Kelly's last vaccinations and to have the kittens tested for feline leukemia. Kelly's test was negative, but it was pointed out to me by the representative at "Rescue Me" that even though Kelly was negative, the father of the kittens might not have been. I have to admit I hadn't thought of that. I have no reason to think they're not completely healthy, but the adoption agency requires proof of a negative leukemia test and I'll certainly comply.
So....this afternoon we'll experience another "last". I was so hoping the kittens would be adopted through the vet's office. Perhaps I was naive` in thinking that was going to be the answer I needed. That didn't work out so I had to explore other avenues. I'm becoming more comfortable with that but it's not how I envisioned things to be. My idea was people who visited the clinic would see those adorable kittens on my poster, find them irresistible, and then beat down my door to adopt one. I know that was wishful thinking, but it didn't seem impossible. Just look at those kitty faces - what's not to love?

No comments: