Monday, November 23, 2009

THANKSGIVING COUNTDOWN


For Thanksgiving, Spouse and I accepted a dinner invitation from our daughter. She works full time and I hadn't assumed she would want to make dinner, but she assured me she wanted to cook. I asked her to decide on a menu then tell me what to bring. I was surprised when she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She said she'd be happy to cook the whole dinner if I'd make desserts. I said she had a deal. Daughter is a good cook and I know the meal will be delicious. I'll bake a pumpkin pie, but some family members aren't fond of that, so in addition, I'll bake lemon bars and something chocolate. I found a yummy dessert in the Country Register. Here's the recipe:

PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 pkg. devil's food cake mix

3 eggs

16 oz. sour cream

12 miniature peanut butter cups

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1Tbsp. vegetable oil

Mix together first three ingredients. Spray bundt pan and pour half of cake mixture into pan. Place peanut butter cups on top of batter then pour rest of batter over them. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Topping

Melt two separate toppings: ONE: 1/2 cup peanut butter (melt in glass measuring cup in microwave) TWO: 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp. oil (melt in saucepan over low heat on stove) After removing cake from pan, drizzle with melted peanut butter, then melted chocolate. Let cool.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

that cake sounds yummy...and I love both flavors...loved your comments on my email..it is so true about non-crafters...have a wonderful thanksgiving at your daughters..:)