Sunday, January 3, 2010

FAREWELL FRIEND


Today the world lost a wonderful artist, wife, mother, and grandmother - and I lost a friend. Some of you might have read about Tina Wright on crafting forums. She had a number of artistic websites and I have a link to one of them here on my blog: "Glue on my Fingers/Paint in my Hair".
Tina had battled colon cancer since September. When diagnosed, she was already at stage four. She'd gone to the hospital for what she thought would be an appendectomy. She underwent treatments which left her weak and nauseated, but she never lost her zest for life, never complained, and never gave up hope.
Tina was a motocycle mama (she loved her Harley) and was always ready for adventure. Her son served in the Army in Iraq and many of us sent him care packages. He came home physically whole but emotionally troubled. Tina never gave up on him and he's doing much better now thanks to her constant love and prayers.
Throughout the ten or so years I knew and corresponded with Tina, she was humorous, loving, generous and so creative. I have many momentos of our friendship. She sent altered art treasures on my birthday, during craft swaps, and sometimes, for no reason other than one friend blessing another with works from her hands. She was very dear to many people and is survived by her husband of 27 years, Will, her son Deke (Brandon), her daughter Nicole, two precious granddaughters, her faithful furry companion Scooby, plus a host of friends who will dearly miss her.
Her family would greatly appreciate your prayers.

3 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kady...
I only recently read about Tina and have been praying for her, but did not know her personally. I am so sorry for your loss, a loss of a very good friend, a beautiful wife and mother. The blogland will surely miss her.

I will continue to remember Tina's family and you, my friend, in prayer.

God Bless you. Country hugs, Sherry

Kas said...

I have been reading your blog, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. The cats are just so photogenic and I am very impressed with your recipes. Please feel free to check out my blog about my cats Spider and Smudge and our adventures.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Kady, I am sorry for the loss of your friend...I will surely put her family in my prayers tonight..