WHY DO I NEVER SEEM TO LEARN?
WHY does it take such a long time to get out of the house? When Spouse wants to go somewhere, he simply leaves - just opens the door and goes. WHY can't I do that. Could it be I have a zillion things I need to do before I leave?
- make sure the dog has gone potty and has been secured in her crate
- feed cats, scoop litter boxes, sweep up litter spashed out of the boxes
- throw another load of laundry into the washer
- look though newspaper inserts and clip coupons
- inventory the pantry and make a grocery list
- write a letter and get it ready to be mailed
- copy some recipes and stories to send to my mother
- decide what I'm going to fix for supper
- unload and re-load the dishwasher
. . . and those are just the things I did today before leaving the house . . .
WHY don't I plan better or choose another time of day to shop, or do the chores earlier? Spouse thinks I make things more complicated than they need to be, but he has never been responsible for running the household.
It's often when I'm ready to leave I think of all those things I need to do. I don't want to come home and have them waiting for me when I'm tired, have groceries to put away, and supper to cook. I get as much done ahead of time as I can. I guess maybe there is a method to my madness sometimes. It seems logical to me. WHY doesn't my spouse see things the way I see them?