Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NEW PEDDLER IN TOWN

A PEDDLER'S PLACE - PRIMITIVE SHOP IN CARLISLE, OHIO
THE SHOP FEATURES LOCALLY MADE CANDLES
LOOK AT ALL THE PRIMITIVE GOODIES
VIEW TO THE RIGHT AS YOU WALK IN THE DOOR
PRIMITIVE LADDER OUTSIDE THE SHOP
(CLICK ON EACH OF THESE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE IT)

Spouse and I took a leisurely drive through the quaint town of Carlisle, Ohio over the weekend. Though it was after business hours, I spied a primitive gift shop. I'm good at doing that. My spouse, of course, drove by without noticing it. I think I have "shop radar". I told myself the next time I was in or near Carlisle, I'd stop and visit that shop - A PEDDLER'S PLACE.
Today I delivered some of my mom's handmade flannel lap robes to a nursing home in Carlisle and after making that stop, I went to A Peddler's Place and wasn't disappointed. The most amazing aromas greeted me as I walked in the door and immediately I was drawn to the fragrant candles, tarts, and melts. I was told some were locally produced. I love that. To my right as I entered the door was a display of wonderful patchwork bags and purses. I LOVE patchwork and was so tempted to buy one of those bags. I wish I'd needed one! Maybe I won't be able to resist the next time.
The shop is small, but every inch is chocked full of primitive home accents and accessories, dolls, quilts, and more things than I can list. The owner gave me permission to take the photos. She was so friendly and kind. I'll definitely be shopping there again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who knew??...I drove right past Carlisle on my way back to NY from Tennessee (in April)....darn it! Maybe next time!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love all the goodies in that store..I would be in heaven right there with you.;) thanks for sharing.:)

Christine said...

What a fantastic store! Glad you made it for a visit! Men... no sense of important things!lol!
Thanks for sharing.
Christine