Thursday, July 22, 2010

HI HO THE DARIO, A THRIFTING WE WILL GO

MY MOST RECENT THRIFT STORE "FINDS"
KITCHEN CURTAINS, COOKBOOKS, BEAR KIT, AND CUTE RED TIN
THE TIN FITS RIGHT IN WITH MY OTHER RED TINS

THE RED CHECKED CURTAINS PERFECTLY FIT THE WINDOW

These are my most recent thrift store "finds". Every other week I go to my allergist and receive three injections. To reward myself for being diligent about going, I often stop at three thrift shops after I've left the doctor's office. All three are on the same road I travel to return home. I like to browse in thrift shops, not out of necessity, but out of a sense of adventure. I never know what I might find. Sometimes there is nothing worth bringing home, but other times there are brand new items or gently used things that still have a lot of life left in them. Those are the things I love to discover.

This week I found a new-looking Gooseberry Patch cookbook which retails for $16.95 - my price was $1.99. The Grandma's Casseroles cookbook also looks unused and has a $12.95 sticker on the back - for $1.99. The Hershey's tin was a good find for 59 cents. I love red accents for my kitchen and that one will replace the blue Hershey's tin I've had for years. The blue tin is fine - I just like red better. I've already added the blue one to my giveaway bag. I'm trying to equalize a bit here.

I also found a brand new, never opened, make-your-own bear kit. Granddaughter will have a good time with that one. She's made two similar stuffed animals and loved doing so. My other find of the day was a set of cafe-style red gingham checked kitchen curtains for $2.99. They also look as if they've never been used. I love the rick rack on them and they're a perfect fit.

4 comments:

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Great finds! I seem to be on the "red" kitchen kick too! My basic colors in the kitchen revolve around my blue willow dishes, but the red accents them so nicely! I am going to be painting a towel rack and some storage bins red (future project) and I just replaced my old pots with some red ones! I love cooking with them - for some reason they make me smile!

Kady said...

I love red and blue together. I have my mom's old blue Currier and Ives dishes and they look so nice on a red checked table cloth. I've wanted some red pots and pans but my old ones are in great condition so I can't justify buying new reds ones - yet. Maybe for Christmas?

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well you know me and red!! those curtains are precious..love the rick rack..they are wonderful..Great finds sister.:)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are one lucky gal--to have three stores to browse through and you can find the neatest things--way to go!!! Love all the new homes you found for all your treasures too!!
Hugs,Di