Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FAMILY PRIDE

August has been a busy and exciting month for our family. We celebrated many birthdays this month. I have two friends whose birthdays were early in August. My birthday was the 12th, Grandson's was the 13th, Spouse's was the 14th, a little niece turned one on the 21st, and Granddaughter's birthday was the 22nd. Today, the 24th, is my departed uncle's birthday. We have our own pride of Leos.
Birthdays are exciting when we're young. Grandson took driving instructions this summer and passed the driver's test ON his birthday this year - which, by coincidence, was Friday the 13th - but there was no "bad luck" that day. My daughter ordered her son a cake in the shape of a caution sign and hosted a birthday open house for Grandson, his friends, and family members. I'm sure a good time was had by all who attended and I was told the party continued until late into the night. (Being in the "older generation" now, Spouse and I left the party at a respectable 7:00 pm.)

Granddaughter watches as her brother begins to cut his birthday cake.
I love the look on her face. Maybe she's thinking her turn is next.
I asked Grandson if I could take his picture and he gave his permission,
but I think I caught him with a mouthful of birthday cake.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love birthday cake! What fun to have the family together to celebrate.
★Linda★