Thursday, October 28, 2010

HOME ON THE RANGE

I recently stopped by the house we're trying to purchase when I saw horses grazing in the field just over "our" fence line. The sight was amazing. I went home and asked Spouse if he'd like to go to the property and feed the horses some carrots. We had our dog, Mandy, with us on a long leash, so she was able to explore the surroundings and greet the horses. We walked around the house, enjoyed the sound of autumn leaves crunching beneath our feet, talked with our soon-to-be neighbors, and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Being there caused us to want the property all the more. Letters have been sent to the seller and he is to reply within a set time limit. I guess we need to continue to be patient. Unfortunately, patience isn't my strong suit these days, but I'm trying.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It is awesome to have neighbors with horses. Our neighbors to the west have about 30 horses in their huge pasture. They breed POAs so we see lots of babies with their mares. Yeah, our town is so small that folks have all kinds of livestock. They are sprinkled all over town. That's why it isn't impossible for me to dream of having chickens! lol
I am still including your hopes for this home in my prayers, as well as Tucker.
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh this would be an awesome setting to your new home..I hope you get great news..;) love the photos you shared.:)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Am still praying that you get your home!!! love horses in the pastures--I am not sure why--but it is a great feeling to know they are there--wished we could have some here in town!!!!!lol
give me tucker a hug and kiss!!!!
hugs, Di