Friday, November 12, 2010

TUCKER, NO BITE!

JUST CHILLIN' HERE WITH SOME OF MY TOYS
WHAT WAS THAT NOISE? DO CATS BARK?
THIS IS MY INNOCENT LOOK - IS IT CONVINCING?
Today Tucker seems to be getting the idea it's not nice to bite. Besides emitting a high pitched yeowl when I'm bitten, I'm also being consistent about offering a toy in place of my hands or fingers if he tries to bite. All play immediately stops if the biting starts. I think Tucker is a smart little guy. I've been saying "no bite" and making an "ah, ah" sound to stop him and it's finally sinking in that means he must not bite. I'm so glad we're making some progress in such a short time. He was here on the computer desk a minute ago and when I tried to pet him, he sat up on his back legs in a playful gesture and grabbed my hand. He put his mouth on my wrist and I simply said, "ah, ah", and he stopped. He didn't bite, but rather jumped down and found his mousie toy. I'll take that as progress - if only for today.

3 comments:

Cat Haven Craft House said...

He's a smart little guy!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh he is so flipping cute..I just love that little mug and those serious eyes of his..;)

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, he's sooo cute. They are good about knowing when they hurt us to let up.