Sunday, December 12, 2010


It's been one week since Tucker was adopted and I've heard nothing from his new family. I think I may have expected too much from them. Actually, I only expected them to do what I would have done. I definitely would have contacted my kitten's foster family members to let them know how he was doing. I really didn't think that was too much to ask. I put my phone number and the URL for this blog on the story I wrote about Tucker and the SICSA worker assured me she sent it home with his new family, along with my email address. I'll choose to assume Tucker is doing well unless I hear otherwise. It would have given me a great sense of relief and some needed closure to have been contacted though. Maybe the new family didn't realize how much this kitten meant to me - or to us. I'd tell them if they'd just call. I guess I set my expectations too high. Tucker, I hope and pray all is well with you and that you're happy in your new home.
P.S. I called the SICSA adoption center today and was told the adoption coordinator had probably made the followup call to Tucker's new family and she would return my call when she could. That sounded promising. I'll let you know what I hear.


Michelle said...

Kady, sorry to hear that you have not heard. I do check daily to see if you have. Is it unheard of to contact the person who adopted him out and have them call for an update?

He is such a cute little guy!


Whimsey Creations said...

I know how that feels Kady but I'm sure he's doing fine. He was just one of those blessed animals who come into our lives for a short time to soak up what we can give them and then go on - always we hope to a good place. Hugs to you for all you do.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I can understand how you wanted a little closure, and it is too bad the adopting family hasn't contacted you. Perhaps they have just been too busy...I'm sure Tucker is doing well and happy in his new has to be lonely for you without the little sweetie.
Hugs dear - those little balls of fur certainly do have a way of melting your heart.

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Hopefully, the family will contact you! Are you sure you can't contact them? I miss seeing little Tucker's pictures. He is such a sweet little boy! My heart goes out to you, I know what an empty place they can create when they are no longer there to fill it. Sending you hugs of comfort today.

Laura said...

I'm sorry that the family didn't contact you and I hope they will do it soon. I miss Tucker too and I understand how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Kady, just seeing Tucker's little face again in your latest post has brought tears to my eyes. I sure hope he is being taken care of properly, that he is safe and loved. Would it be out of order for you to try and make contact through the SICSA worker?, we would all be relieved to know how he has adapted to his new life. My heart goes out to you, let us know how you go.....Merilyn, Australia

Holly Days Closet said...

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything. We adopted a dog a year and half ago and would have loved to talk to his foster family to thank them. He came to us trained and it was such a blessing and I'd like them to know what a wonderful dog he is. Maybe you'll hear something later. I hope you do.

Susan said...

Oh yes, Kady, please do let us know when you hear something. You must be having such a time of it waiting to hear something. Bless your heart, honey. I know that's got to be very, very tough because you loved the little fella too. He's such a cutie pie. When I first saw him I wanted him so badly... I still wish we could have adopted him... but we have four big guys already. I do hope you hear something soon. They probably had no idea just how important all of this was for you and how difficult it was too. Hugs to you, Kady.

Susan @ CluckleBees