Friday, December 10, 2010

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE AFTERALL














Everybody I know seems to have gone through some crises this year. Maybe that's just life, but I'm sure we all would like to have some calm peaceful times during the holidays. I was given that gift yesterday. My kindred cat friend, Chris, called and asked if I'd like to go out to lunch with her. Of course I said "yes" and Chris said she'd pick me up at 12:30.
As we were traveling down my street, Chris asked if I was up for a trip to Cincinnati. I'm always ready for an adventure with Chris. She makes everything fun. The destination was Buca di Beppo - which translated means, "Joe's Basement". I found out the Buca chain of Italian restaurants is owned by Planet Hollywood. That was surprising. I do know it's the most unique Italian restaurant I've ever visited. What a wonderful experience! We had a very leisurely lunch packed with scrumptious antipasto salad and a platter filled with four different kinds of pasta dishes which tasted as delicious as they looked.
Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by a host who led us through the kitchen then through a maze of cozy rooms, to our table. Each of the dining tables was dressed with a red checked homespun tablecloth and Christmas lights had been strung on the walls close to the ceiling. What fun! There was also a table set for patrons who wish to dine in the kitchen, where I suppose one could watch meals being prepared. All the walls were completely covered with framed photos and at first glance many of them seemed to be quaint images of people in their everyday lives. On closer inspection, some of the photos were downright crazy and made us laugh out loud.
While enjoying the festive atmosphere of the restaurant, I was also thinking about all the things by which I've been blessed. There have certainly been some disappointments and heartaches this year, but I've also experienced some very positive things. I'm so thankful for my friends and family, my home and pets, and for life in general. Things don't always go as smoothly as we'd like them to, but I hope each of you can find some time this season to stop and enjoy the company of a good friend and soak up the ambiance of a cozy place to visit. Thank you Chris for your friendship, your adventurous spirit, and your kindnesses through the year. You are such a blessing to me, dear friend.

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like the perfect date to take your mind off various days past. I know there are rough patches but things work out in the end. I just put my faith in God. I am certainly not the one in control. That would be an never ending job. I'm glad you have someone so special to cut loose with. Makes me realize how long it's been since I've seen my gal pal. *sigh*
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I went there about 6-7 years ago and the food and place was amazing..it even tasted some what authentic..remember we used to live in italy..the portion sizes sure were..they know to eat.;) I loved all the stuff on the walls and how each booth was different.;)

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

what a lovely way to spend some quality time..With a good mate..Everyone should take some ME time now and again to recharge ourselves for what life throws at us..glad you had a great time..♥

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you had some 'time-out' from your usual routine. That is a sign of a true friend when they know what you have been through and know just how to perk you up without too much fuss!!!....Merilyn, Australia