Monday, March 14, 2011

GLIMPSES OF THE PAST

KELLY AND THE BOYS
THE BOYS WERE ABOUT 3 WEEKS OLD - RUSTY IS ON THE FAR LEFT AND BAILEY IS ON THE TOP OF THE HEAP. ELLIOT IS THE ONE STICKING OUT HIS TONGUE. I MISS THOSE BABY KITTY DAYS. I CALLED BAILEY MY LITTLE POLAR BEAR

For some reason I'm feeling melancholy today. Maybe it's because Spouse and I are resuming our house search and I'm thinking of all the memories made in this one over the years. I was looking for interesting photos to post and came across these baby kitty pictures. What sweet memories they evoke. I miss those tiny little kitten paws and the sound of kittens nursing. It's not that I want to find any more stray kittens or pregnant cats. Please no, but I do miss the touch and smell of the those little balls of fur. I loved watching them grow and learn. They're so much like human toddlers when they're first trying to walk or eat on their own. They're very messy but also very loveable and cuddly. I'm thankful they grew into healthy and beautiful adult cats, but then I never met a kitten or cat I didn't think was beautiful.

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh, Sweetie,
Maybe it will be easier this time around. I pray that it is.
I miss puppy breath and wet noses. It is always fun to have puppies around. And kittens, as well. We always had a never-ending menagerie around here when the kids were home. I never could tell them no when they brought home a stray. Sigh)))) those were good days. I think my age is catching up on me and I get the blues just thinking about the past and how much I miss it. Then I remember how good life is today and I do feel better.
Have a good week and know that I hope all your dreams come true and your desires become realities. :)
★Linda★

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Kady, Hang in there hon, it'll pass. It's good to think back on the memories that make you feel better. My kitties always do that for me. We have a pregnant momma kitty running around our property somewhere. She visited us and grabbed a bite to eat a couple times and we haven't seen her since, but I have a suspicion she might be in the woods next to our house.
Hugs & Lovins,

Carol

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh aren't cuddly baby kittys just the cutest...oh and I so remember these babies of yours and loved seeing them all grow up.;)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my Miss Kelly is such a small kitten herself to have had so many babies--but she sure was a big mamma in taking such good care of them!!!
I too really miss those tiny babies and watching them grow up--
I am praying that this time you will find the "perfect" new home for you and all the kitties!!
Hugs,di and miss gracie

Merilyn said...

Thankyou for sharing such lovely pics of the kitties!! I must say Kelly is very beautiful, she looks very serene there with her tiny brood!!! The right house is still out there waiting for you to discover it, it'll come to your notice when the time is right!
I wish you well!