PRETTY LITTLE HOUSE IN ANOTHER TOWN
THAT SWEET COTTAGE MIGHT MAKE A GOOD HOUSE FOR CATS
A hunting we will go . . . house hunting, that is.
Spouse and I decided we're not going to hold our collective breath waiting for something positive to happen on the home we tried to buy last fall. To recap....we'd found a brick ranch home in the country, with a pole barn and huge workspace, besides the attached two-car garage. It had a gorgeous new kitchen, wonderful neighbors, and horses grazing just over the backyard fence. One big plus was it's just one mile from here. We thought we could move piece by piece and not have so much to do at one time.
The only problem was the seller. He didn't show at the closing, then refused to complete the deal, citing problems with his lender. Those problems had absolutely nothing to do with us, but the seller and his lender made it our problem. We secured a lawyer and pursued the deal. After a few months of lawyer bills and haggling with the seller's lawyer, we decided we'd spent enough money that wasn't going to be refunded (lawyer fees, inspection fees, and lender fees) so we called it quits and said we'd search for another house when the weather was warmer. The update is, the seller's lawyer sent word two weeks ago that we'd be able to get that house IF we were willing to wait "for awhile". How long is "awhile"? We've been waiting since last September.
We're to meet with our realtor in about an hour and she's going to show us two homes. One is in this area, just a few minutes away. The other is in a different town. I don't know what we'll find, but from the photos we've viewed, both homes look very nice. Wish us luck!