Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WANTED: INSPIRATION


Where has all my inspiration gone? Wouldn't one think I could find something to spur me on to be creative after I'd reviewed stashes of supplies and previously-made items?
This flu bug is finally winding down and I think I want to do some sewing - notice I used the word, "think". It's not as if I'm planning a craft show, anticipating a gift-giving holiday, or needing anything for my home at the moment. It just seems like such a waste to have so many fabrics and patterns to choose from, yet not have the drive to do anything with them. In the loft of my cabin I already have two or three plastic totes filled with handmade items, but most of them are seasonal decorations. Although I love fabric tote bags, I have more than I can use at one time. Cats are a favorite crafting subject, but why make stuffed ones when I enjoy the real thing every day of my life?
I was browsing through some photos and found a few things that give me inspiration, like old sewing notions, the crafting corner in my cabin, stacks of fabric, and a few of my own handmade projects. You can click on any photo to enlarge it. Maybe some of these will prod me to DO something creative this week.
What do you do when inspiration temporarily abandons you? This is a subject I'm re-visiting, I know, but I need some input here. I'd be grateful if you'd please share your thoughts.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Eat!
Sleep.
Whine!
Make Mike take me somewhere.
Or I have a notebook where I keep ideas and I have a folder in my documents where I keep pictures of things I see on blogs or ebay of things I think I can make.
Hope this is helpful.....
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I am with Linda on this..and now that the weather is getting nicer I don't craft as much during the day and now that I have been doing the pennys at night I still feel like I am getting something done..I love your photos..they are wonderful of that little studio..;)just start small..or pick up a new craft..;)

Merilyn said...

I just love your little cabin!!! When I get into a non-inspirational phase, I just go with it, the harder you try, the worse it seems to get. Sometimes I look through some old books I have on my shelf and re-acquaint myself with their contents and see if something doesn't jerk my enthusiasm again, or sometimes I just do a good ole' tidy-up, it's amazing what you can find that you have completely forgotten about, or some long forgotten fabric that will inspire you to create something new. Creative juices wax and wane, but be sure it will return, and your hands will be busy again!!!