Monday, July 25, 2011

ARE WE HOME YET?

I LOVE HAVING ALL THESE SHELVES

I CAN FILL THEM UP IN NO TIME AT ALL

HAVING A HEARTH TO DECORATE IS A NEW EXPERIENCE

OLD LINOLEUM REMOVAL IS A HUGE TASK BUT MANDY WILL HELP


We're no way near being finished moving, but we're still making progress. Today I packed more boxes, carried them down the stairs to the garage, and filled the car. I met Glenn at the house tonight and he helped unload everything. After a simple supper of sloppy joe sandwiches and potato salad, we went to work. He pulled up more carpeting and I unpacked linens, books, and lots of decorator items. I'm quickly filling the built-in linen cupboard in the bedroom. I cleaned it and added scented drawer liners over the weekend, along with cleaning the pink bathroom and a couple kitchen cupboards. I've also been dusting as I go. Check out the most recent photos of the family room. That's my answer to Glenn's question, "What in the world are you going to do with all those shelves?". The shelf items may vary from time to time and I'll probably rearrange things, but for now, I like having all those items where I can see them. They make me feel more at home. We surely have a long road ahead of us but we're thinking about how nice it's going to be when cooler weather comes and our family will be sitting around the diningroom table with us, enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. That's when we'll know this has definitely been worth all the time and effort.

7 comments:

Merilyn said...

Love your fireplace and hearth, it will be so cosy in winter!!! Imagine being able to decorate it at Christmas!!! You won't know yourself!!!! You can never have too many shelves Kady, I mean where else would a girl be able to display all her beautiful things!!!!
I love your comment about feeling like newlyweds again! so cute!! You sound happy, it's been a while in coming around this move, enjoy it!!!!

Michelle said...

I miss having lots of shelves to put up my Longaberger...I have so many that are just in boxes...love the progress of the house!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love the fireplace! Wish I had one!
Looks like everything is starting to come together for you. Sounds like your happy!
Welcome Home Kady!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Kady I love those shelves with all the longaberger on them..I love built ins...can't wait to see it all decorated..and thanksgiving..what fun to have the family all there..can't wait to see all of your changes..;)

LibbiesHome said...

You're doing great, Kady! Your new house is becoming a home before our very eyes. Love the shelves with the Longaberger. I have a collection of those baskets, too. :)

Margaret said...

You sure are making progress! Love what you put on the shelves!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

don't you love the built-ins?
your fireplace is awesome!!!
I feel bad about that linoleum job.....
but they will be so beautiful when you're done!!!
★Linda★