Friday, July 8, 2011



We thought we were in the home stretch with this move. Everything seemed to be in place and we were to close on our colonial house today, but didn't. We're very anxious to get this move going but we've run into a couple bumps in our country road. First there was something unclear about who actually held the title to the house - the woman who lives there or her daughter. Yesterday we were told that's no longer a problem, but now there is another issue which has to be clarified before we can close. Spouse and I are under the assumption we're buying the house and the one acre on which it sits. The owner told us there were originally ten acres to the property but that she gave some of the land to family members and sold the rest, which would have made up the nine other acres. We believe she's accurate about that. The problem lies in the fact no one can find written proof of a single transaction. In other words, we don't yet have a clear title. County property records and tax records indicate the house sits on the full ten acres and there is nothing (so far) that shows anything to the contrary. We have the owner's word and the fact her daughter built a home on part of the land so she must have been sure it was hers on which to live. So we're still waiting. It's difficult to stay enthused and motivated to pack our belongings when we have no idea when we'll be able to move them to our new home. This whole house hunting and buying situation has been a test of faith, patience, and endurance. This is our third try at buying a house. I feel sure this one is the charm.


Merilyn said...

Oh dear! Kady what a pain!! is it feeling like a bit of deja vu? no wonder you are feeling frustrated, sure hope you get some resolution soon on this soon!

Margaret said...

Oh boy, that is so tough. Stay strong and it will be worth wait.

Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

LibbiesHome said...

Yikes, I can see how that must be so stressful! I hope it can all be cleared up quickly so you can get moved in. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. :)

Raggedy Creations said...

just when you least expect it, it will all work out Kady. keep looking at the end of the tunnel like your kitty.


Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I hope they get this figured out you can move and enjoy that new home..;)

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I can totally understand your disappointment. We are supposed to close on our home in a couple of weeks and so far, noone has been in to move the furniture out..the lady lives out of state and doesn't even plan to be at the house until the end of the month and we are supposed to close on the 28th! It creates all kinds of problems as our son is moving in here, and we need to be out, and already have had an extension on our mortgage...these sellers are so would think they would want to get their money!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

That really stinks!
I sure hope you get this worked out!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Bummer ~ I hope things work out for you!
Try to have a nice weekend!
Get that packing done~I feel it in my bones~you're going to be moving soon!
Prim Blessings

Whimsey Creations said...

Oh Kady not again! Maybe just a teeny bit more patience and then you'll be there...I hope I hope!