Saturday, September 3, 2011

ONE DOWN....??? TO GO

GUEST ROOM FLOOR IS FINISHED - JUST NEEDS BASEBOARD I LOVE HOW THIS LOOKS
MY SEWING ROOM IS TAKING SHAPE

SEWING MACHINE WILL SIT ON THE DESK

(YOU CAN CLICK ON EACH PHOTO TO ENLARGE IT)

I'm taking a little break from working at the new old house today. Glenn has finished installing the guest room floor - YEAH! - and is now working on the hallway. He is doing such a good job on it all. I've been scrubbing the wood floor in my upstairs sewing room and moving in the furniture I'll use up there. Yesterday I managed to move a large bookshelf, a desk, and a tall narrow chest of drawers from my guest room here, and take it down the steps and to the garage where I carefully placed them in my car for transport. I was actually surprised I was able to move all of that by myself but I was determined to get the ball rolling a little faster around here. When I arrived at the farm, Glenn helped me take the furniture out of the car and up the stairs to my new old sewing room. I finally feel as if I'm making some progress with it. The room looks a little sparce yet, but all of my yarn, fabric, and other sewing supplies are now up there waiting for me to decide where everything will be stored. All I need now is a braided rug it make the room look cozy. We're making progress!

8 comments:

Donna said...

What a beautiful sewing room! And you will find it so much easier to clean up after yourself without carpet!

LibbiesHome said...

Wow! That flooring is beautiful! And I love your sewing room. :) Can't wait to see it all set up for sewing!

annie said...

Your floor is just beautiful! Your sewing room is going to be just wonderful too!

Margaret said...

Beautiful floor! Worth waiting for, I'd say! Enjoy your weekend!

nancy huggins said...

Wow..That really looks GREAT..Tell him for me that I am very impressed and I wish he could mail some of his ambition and knowledge here for Billy. We have been debating abouttaking Carpet out and sand the hard wood floors hidden underneath in Living room and dining room. We will be tearing the carpet out of main bath (is not real big) and putting tile in there. It got pretty wet when they put new surround in by tub and water shot out all over and got the carpet pretty wet. Carpet is prob from 60's or 70's anyhow. Maybe it will look half as good as yours :)

Merilyn said...

Things seem to be moving along nicely Kady! I have to say your husband has done a wonderul job with the flooring, no wonder he wanted to do it all himself!!! Your new old sewing room is going to be just wonderful, it has such character with the little windows and the slanted roof line!!! It'll have a lived-in look in no time!!!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Look how shiny that floor is!
Everything looks wonderful!
What a great sewing room ~ I envy you!
Slow but sure everything is coming together nicely!
Prim Blessings
Robin

sammy99 said...

i love that floor it looks GREAT!