Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SPRING AT LIBERTY HOMESTEAD - THIS IS MY 1000th POST

I'm still in a quandary over whether to host a Spring home show or not. If I'm going to do it, I'd surely better set a date and get busy making things. I've taken a big break from sewing because Christmas, as much as I enjoyed it, took the wind out of my sails. Recently, I've only sewn catnip toys to sell at the Vet Clinic, so I have very few items made to offer for sale at a show.  I'm inclined to not  host a Spring show this year, but rather concentrate on making items for Fall and Christmas home shows.

In the meantime, I retrieved my Spring decorations and displayed them here in the room where my home shows are held - the room I lovingly refer to as my "shop".  I suppose I thought that would give me some inspiration and spark my desire to create, but it didn't. I like decorating and I like hosting home shows but right now I'm just not in a sewing mood. There are times when we must follow our hearts and this may be one of those times for me.

Since my spouse retired, I've not been able to maintain housework routines but I've found I rather enjoy setting a relaxed and cozy mood in the evenings and viewing a movie or our DVDs of Downton Abbey. Perhaps I've become accustomed to the lack of routines, but I've not been in much of a productive mode lately. Right now it's more fun to light some candles, brew some tea, fire up the Buck stove, and settle into a relaxing evening.  There's nothing at all wrong with that. In fact, there is a lot right about it. Spouse and I have reconnected in a way, and we have more conversation now, which is good. I'll eventually want to sew again and I have many ideas for projects. Apparently this is just not the time for starting them. When Spring finally arrives, I'm fairly sure I'll be ready to get going again.     

I've added photos of my Spring decorations to my sidebar. Watch for a give-away to commemorate my 1000th post. I've had some lapses between postings, but I think I'm ready to resume sharing my cats and my stories. I hope you'll bear with me.

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

I couldn't think of a better way of spending evenings exactly the way you described....you've both earned the privilege of 'kicking back' and 'relaxing' at this time of your life....a quiet evening at home either reading or watching a DVD is heaven, especially for me as I still work full-time as a nurse and not all evenings are mine LOL!!!!
I think your idea of sewing when the mood strikes is by far the wiser, sewing/creating shouldn't be a chore, so don't load yourself too much.....I look forward to seeing new pics of your cat family.....
We don't really have much of a Fall season, it's still very warm during the days especially, really looking forward to cooler nights too, so I can put my quilts back on the bed, it's been looking very plain with just the sheets over summer!! Congratulations too on your 1000th post, that's a mighty effort!!!!, during the time I've been following you, I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts, like reading a good novel, I've often thought you write well, unhurried and calm....at least that's how the words read on the page to me anyway....take care.....