Friday, March 20, 2009

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!


It's finally here! The calendar notation says March 20th is the First Day of Spring, so it's official. Even though we had near freezing temperatures here last night, it's still Spring.
My favorite times of the year are Fall and Winter. Spring is ok and some people are anxious for warmer weather and gardens, but when Spring comes, I know the long hot summer is not far behind. I dread summer heat. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy Spring very much because I'm too busy fretting about the hot season to come.
I will admit this is a beautiful day in the neighborhood and the sun is shining. This is great Spring weather - not cold, not hot - so instead of fretting about the summer season to come, I think I'll go outside and enjoy some fresh air, then go play in my cabin for awhile.
However you spend it, have a great First Day of Spring!

No comments: