1 package yeast
½ tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP melted butter
3 cups flour
1. Empty yeast into large mixing bowl. Add sugar and ½ cup water. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Add to yeast mixture: ½ cup warm water, salt, sugar, butter, and 3 cups flour, enough to make a stiff dough.
3. Turn out on a floured board and knead for 3 minutes.
4. Place in a well-greased bowl, greased side up. Cover until double in size. (1-1½ hours).
5. Place dough on floured board. Pinch off pieces of dough shape into smooth balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
6. Cover and let rise again, until doubled (about 1 hour).
7. Bake in 425 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.