Monday, July 27, 2009

DAY TEN - JOY AGAIN

These little furry ones are growing and thriving, thanks to the loving care of their mama, Kelly. She slipped into mama kitty mode much sooner and easier than I could have predicted. She was "on guard" yesterday when some of the other cats were trying to peek into her nursery and kept sticking their hands under the door. I know they're really paws, but I call them hands and they were reaching under the door in an attempt to to find out exactly what was going on in there. I kept hearing a loud banging noise and went in Kelly's room and saw her hurl herself against the door a couple times. She was trying to persuade the other cats to go away. I assured her no one was going to come inside and bother her or the kittens. It was sweet and comical at the same time. She was so fiercely protecting her babies. I shoo'd the other cats away from the door and commended Kelly for her bravery. I can only imagine what's going to happen when the kittens are older and getting around more. We're going to have a circus.

1 comment:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Sounds like everything is going fine with Kelly and her babies. Congratulations! Our little "town cat" had babies in a shop down the street, but she comes to visit me every day for a little snack. Wish I could bring her home, but too many allergies at this house (mom, daughter and granddaughter).
Thanks for the words of encouragement on our new "adventure". I have been very lucky to have such great parents and it truly is time to give back. Have a great day, Dawn