Thursday, July 23, 2009

PICTURE OF CONTENTMENT

















You can click on the photos to enlarge them.
Here are the babies tonight, They're sleeping while mama Kelly is taking a needed break. She doesn't like to leave her little ones, but I think the Fancy Feast tuna dinner I offered her tonight was so tempting she couldn't resist. I generally only feed my cats dry food, but Kelly needs a little extra nourishment. I also offer her kitten milk replacement formula from time to time to add a little protein and fluid.
Look at those full little bellies. I've been concerned that Kelly isn't bathing her kittens or helping them with elimination I can't swear that she isn't doing that. I just never see her doing it. I've been helping them potty and tonight I tried something rather unorthodox. I smeared a little tiny bit of canned cat food "juice" on each kitten's head and Kelly bathed each one! Where there's a will, there's a way. I didn't put much on them - just enough so she'd have to clean them. She's doing a good job for being such a young cat herself. She simply needs to be nudged a little in the right direction.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh MY GOSH..I'm totally in love!!! I am not kidding..I want to hold these little ones and never let them go..they are just precious..you are making my mouth water...I am so jealous right now...I want a baby or 5...:)now this is my kind of eye candy...keep em coming...gotta show the hubby...he will swoon too.:)