Monday, October 5, 2009

CLEAN AS A WHISTLE

Friday's vet check for the kittens and Kelly went very well. They all received clean bills of health and the babies were given their last vaccinations. I was hoping they'd all be in homes by now and the adoptive "parents" could take over some of the expense of raising these boys. Oh well. It needed to be done and now I know they're as safe as I can make them. The kitten adoption agency requires proof of a negative leukemia test so I had that done too. They were indeed negative. Kelly had been tested, but we didn't know about the cat that fathered the kittens.
The kittens and their mama didn't seem to mind the exams. Dr. Gardener said to just let them run loose in the exam room and the kittens loved it. They scurried all over the place, charming the staff. Everybody continues to comment on how beautiful they are and how well socialized they seem to be, so why then, have they not been adopted? I'm truly enjoying them, but they're growing by leaps and bounds so time is of the essence.
Dr. Gardener said the kittens are at a perfect age for adoption since they're still very cute and have passed the most critical times. That gave me hope. They'll be available for adoption through the Rescue Me program this weekend. I'll be able to stay with them as people come to see them. I don't expect all of them to be adopted that day, but it would be nice to have one or two find forever homes.
At this moment, Kizzy is lying wedged between my back and the chair, Ziggy is walking all over the computer desk, Bailey is playing with a milk carton ring, and Elliot is on the couch playing with the tail of one of the big cats, Taylor. What a comforting scene. I love having cats all around me. I'd take a picture of them but my camera is not cooperating right now.
I thought I was taking a video of the kittens last night when they were playing in the bathtub again. All four were in there batting around their toys and being so funny. My digital camera started beeping and then signaled my card was full. So....no video. I was sure I'd been erasing the photos and videos as I downloaded them, so why is my card full? Every time I think I might be a tiny bit knowledgable about using some new-fangled thing, I end up not knowing as much as I thought I did. I'll post more videos and photos as soon as I learn how to make my card "un-full". Live and learn....

2 comments:

Karen said...

Kady, I'm so glad to hear that Dr. Gardner found the cats to be healthy and happy. They are growing by leaps and bounds and it sounds like they're having fun running around your house. You have done a wonderful job raising them. They are adorable and I wish I were close enough to adopt them. I live across the country from you so it just wouldn't work out.
I sure have appreciated you sharing them with us.
God Bless you

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I hope this weekend you get them all adopted to great loving homes...I love having my babies with me too...when I am relaxing on the couch..I love having one on my lap...Have a wonderful week..and give those babys a love for me..:)