Thursday, October 22, 2009

READY OR NOT....















There hasn't been a single craft show for which I thought I was totally prepared. I never accomplish all the things on my list even though I do end up with plenty of merchandise. I've actually been scratching projects off the list because I know I won't have enough time to make them. Once again I've underestimated the amount of time needed to make pumpkins and wreaths, or is it that I'm working more slowly than I used to? Hmm, I don't like to admit the latter, but that's life.
Last night I finally finished the fall patchwork wreaths. I'm not thrilled with the bows on them, but they're done. I'm seriously thinking about retiring the wreath pattern. I often tend to gravitate toward making what is more convenient and "safe", and since wreaths used to sell well for me, I decided to bring them back and try again. I've no idea how they'll go this time since I only used fall colors in them.
Then there are the baskets of bunnies. Back when I made them, I'd planned to find a Spring show or hold an open house, but neither of those things happened. They may or may not sell but I'll take them along anyway. I have fabric pumpkins, wreaths, bunnies, a few old quilt pillows, a jar lamp or two, and a couple storage totes filled with other handmade things. I'll also try to sell Spouse's wooden birdhouses. How could anyone resist those? I don't think it's matter of having enough merchandise - it's a matter of being satisfied with what I was able to finish.
I'm very tired and I think I need a nap.......

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

so are you doing any shows? I love the pumpkins they are my favorite...and I would put kittys in those baskets as everyone loves kittys...love the wreaths as well..;)best of luck..:)