Sunday, December 6, 2009

HOMEMADE MOUNDS BARS

This is a recipe I've had for many years. I made them for bake sales when my daughter was younger and for my spouse to share at his workplace during holiday time. They always seemed to be a hit and they really do taste like Mounds Bars.
HOMEMADE MOUNDS BARS
Ingredients:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 and 1/4 stick butter - melted
1 (7 oz.) pkg. coconut
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch chips
Directions:
Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and press in 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Combine coconut and milk and spread over graham cracker layer, then bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together. Spread melted chips over top. Cool thoroughly then cut into small pieces.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

They look good at first i thought it was millionaire shortbread. I love coconut.

Marie said...

Thanks for the recipe. The mounds bars look delicious. I wish you and your a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Love,
Marie