Thursday, January 7, 2010

I WILL . . .

I WILL . . . begin to prepare for Christmas whenever the
spirit of the season nudges me to do so - even if that's in July.
Every year I seem to run out of time to finish tasks I thought I had to complete before Christmas could come. I'm sure I'm not alone in that, but I often verbally kick myself for not starting sooner or planning better. Even in the years I DID plan and begin sooner, I still was out of breath at the finish line.
One thing I shared previously was holding the crazy idea I couldn't, or more accurately, shouldn't, decorate or seriously think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Since I don't have a shop and don't work in retail, I don't actually have to plan so far ahead, but that's why I am so often caught unaware. I don't have to plan ahead. That fits right in with my procrastination gene. I guess clueless would also describe me at times.
This year I've already begun to sort through holiday patterns and fabrics and will soon be choosing projects I want to make for craft shows and gifts - and it's only January! I'm very determined to not be caught off-guard this year. When I see Christmas decorations in the stores, it's already too late to begin thinking about the holidays. I don't know why I've not previously realized that. I guess sometimes I really am clueless!
This year I will make every effort to work on some Christmas project EACH month, even it's July and hot as blazes. I'll crank up the AC in my cabin, put on my favorite John Denver CDs, and start creating. I'm determined to be READY for the holidays this year, whether it's for craft shows or my own home decorating - and even if I have to start in January in order to accomplish my goal. I'm going to do it. Really. I'm serious. I mean it this time.

2 comments:

Orcsmom said...

I am with you Kady! That is exactly what I am trying to do this year also. We can support each other in this goal! Good luck!

Pam

missjanesplace said...

Kady, I'll be right there with you on making things for next Christmas. Way to go...let's see if we can do this. Hugs, Jane