Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'M NOT SURE I'M READY FOR MY CLOSEUP . . .


Dixie didn't hide today when I took out my camera. I know she looks rough in this photo, but she looks better than when I first brought her inside the house. She's downright pitiful though, isn't she? You can see why I could not let her stay outside any longer. She was breaking my heart. She used to be such a pretty girl. Her white fur was whiter than snow, her eyes were bright, and she kept herself so clean. I think she just gave up in this frigid winter weather. I've hesitated to post her photo, but she's recovering well from her life of roaming. Her eyes are clearing up and most of the residue in them has been wiped away with a soft warm cloth. She has some cat food on her face in this photo since I'd just fed her. I hid her antibiotic in her canned food and she was none the wiser. You can see one of her legs in this photo and it's still muddy, but she's been grooming herself as she's able. The vet said she would groom more as she recovers. She suggested we not add to her stress by trying to bathe her and I agreed. As Dixie progresses, I'll post more photos of her. I know she'll be feeling better soon and that means she'll be looking better as well. She can't help looking scruffy right now. She's been through so much, but her new life has begun.

2 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

She is a beautiful little girl. She looks like she is really tiny.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh she is beautiful...a little diamond in the rough..I feel better knowing she is in your good hands..what a little sweetheart..give her a love from me and all your others.:)