Thursday, March 4, 2010

CHOCOLATE FIX

I've previously shared this recipe but I think it's worth repeating. I just
finished making this batch of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - also known as
"No Bakes". The whole house smells like chocolate. The cookies are so
easy to fix - took only five minutes from start to finish. I added
one-half cup of chopped walnuts this time - yummy!
I behaved and ate just one.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 cups granulated sugar

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup butter or margarine

3 cups quick cooking oats

1/2 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup chopped walnuts - optional

Directions:

Heat cocoa, sugar, milk and butter over medium heat until boiling. Boil for three minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter. Mix thoroughly, until peanut butter is dissolved. Stir in oats (and nuts), then drop by tablespoonsful onto waxed paper.

No comments: