Monday, November 8, 2010

BUSY TUCKER, BUSY WEEKEND

ONE OF THE SHOPS ON MAIN ST. IN WAYNESVILLE, OHIO
LOG BUILDING AT PIONEER VILLAGE - WAYNESVILLE
COBBLESTONE GIFT SHOP AND TEA ROOM IN WAYNESVILLE


We had another busy weekend here in Southwest Ohio. We picked up our granddaughter on Saturday morning and attended our grandson's last marching band competition of the year. We thought his band was one of the best we heard. After the competition, we drove on down the road to the Cincinnati Premier Outlet Mall. After a little bit of shopping, we headed to a favorite restaurant, the Cracker Barrel, for lunch. We had a full day.
Sunday afternoon, I drove to Waynesville and walked around the town, stopping at some of my favorite shops to browse and dream of days gone by. It always shocks me to see toys we had as kids and things we used in our home back then, classified as antiques. It was a beautiful fall day and the weather was perfect for strolling down Waynesville's Main Street. All the shops were decorated for fall and Christmas and the aromas of cinnamon, cranberry, and evergreen candles stayed with me long after I'd left each of the shops.
I had a wonderful time in Waynesville and for a little while I was able to keep my mind on something other than how badly our house deal had gone. Monday, November 8th, is the deadline the seller was given to make things right for us. So far no one has heard a word from him. We could use a few positive thoughts here please.
Tucker kitten had been secured in his room for the time I was gone Sunday and he seemed happy to see me when I returned. Maybe he was simply glad to be let out to run around the house again, but he purred and nibbled my chin when I picked him up and I took that as a greeting. He's growing up so fast, but that's what kittens do. He's still cute as a button.

5 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Tucker is getting so big. :)

What a treat to go walk around waynesville for the day! It's such a nice town.

Carmen and the Primcats

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

cute as a button is right! great picture--the last one! love that little guy!
sounds like an awesome trip, filled with great memories.......
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

glad you had a wonderful weekend to do some shopping and spend time with the grandkids..that tucker is just a little cutie..wish they would stay little longer.;)

Laura said...

Tucker is a so beautiful, you are very lucky! wish to come with you to do shopping in Waynesville one day!
ciao
Laura

cynthia lee designs said...

Isn't Waynesville a wonderful place!! I lived there for 9 years...sometimes I still miss it, but I love living near my family now.
~Cindy~