Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN

KELLY SAYS: YOU TOUCH THAT WATER BOWL ONCE MORE AND I'LL....
BIG TIG AND ROXIE: SHE FOUND THE MESS. WE'RE OUTTA HERE!
IT'S PARTY TIME!
GRACIE SAID: I SAW THE WHOLE THING FROM UP HERE.
INNOCENT TIMMY: DON'T LOOK AT ME. IT WAS BLOOPER AND CODY.
BAILEY: HONEST, I DIDN'T DO IT. I THINK IT WAS BIG TIG AND ROXIE.
APPARENTLY, A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL
My sweet but naughty kitties have once again made confetti out of a whole roll of paper towels. Unfortunately, it's all my fault. I have no one else to blame. Most often, during the time I'm involved with cat care (feeding, watering, and scooping), I'm also monitoring the washer or dryer, sweeping litter off the floor, and providing love and attention to the furry ones. If there are messes, I also remove those and clean the areas. In other words, I'm in a constant state of multi-tasking when I'm in Cat World.
When I try to do too many things at the same time, I often forget something. That is not a new revelation, yet I never seem to learn from the lessons that present themselves. When I left the cat area yesterday, I took mental inventory: Did I scoop ALL the boxes? - there are many. Did I provide fresh water for ALL the bowls? Did I hold and/or pet all the whiskered ones who would allow it? Were there any messes I missed? Did I sweep every area? Did I take the laundry out of the dryer, put laundry from the washer into the empty dryer, and did I gather the clean clothes to take upstairs? Did I make sure to close the box of laundry detergent so the cats won't knock it over again?
You get the idea. The ONLY question I didn't ask myself was, "Did I put the paper towels back into the cupboard out of paws' reach?", and that is the ONE question I should have asked. So the feline shredding machine was at work last night. I think the cats had fun and that's not a bad thing. I never scold them for shredding paper towels that I left out of the cupboard. They were simply taking advantage of my feeble memory.

6 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

And they look so innocent! I bet they had great fun.

Merilyn said...

Cats do as cats can LOL!!! Just makes life interesting!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh your kittys are too precious..our pody lynn likes to sit on your lap and paw at the toilet paper holder..till you move it out of arms er paws reach.:)

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

who knew a roll of paper towels could be so much fun... and they all look so innocent and cute. I love it. Sorry you lost another roll of paper towels but it puts a smile on my face thinking about them chasing the roll around.
Thanks for sharing
Sabrina

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Thank You for the great Smile your little darlins put on my face with there play time antics..
I love it!!
the other day I cleaned myhouse put away all cat toys. It looked and smelled so nice.
When I got home they had gotten out nearly everyone of there toys but 3 or 4 so there were mice eveywhere like probably 50-60 toys. Question was why everything you don't play with all of those toys..Were they lookin for there Fav's or what..My trailer isn't very big so it was a mess..but it still made me smile to know they had a good time...Thanks for sharing.

Blessings
Tonya

Check out my Goods For Sale Link!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh Kady--I bet those Kitties think that you do leave that roll of towels just for them --and they want to show you how much they appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!!!
Hugs,Di and miss gracie