Monday, May 2, 2011

ANTIQUE EYE CANDY

NOTE THE REFLECTION OF A VINTAGE HOME IN THE WINDOW

BEAUTIFUL HAND-QUILTED CRAZY QUILT

I LOVE OLD KITCHEN COLLECTIONS
YOU CAN CLICK ON EACH PHOTO TO ENLARGE IT
VINTAGE LINENS AND CROCKERY BOWLS WERE PLENTIFUL
THERE WAS SO MUCH TO SEE


In our quest to relocate, Spouse and I have gone back and forth between looking at houses here in our area, to checking out homes closer to his workplace. The house we tried to purchase last September is no longer on the market and we've not yet found another that would work for us as well as we thought that one would have.

Yesterday we traveled to Lewisburg, Ohio to check on a farm that was for sale. The price was within our budget and the 17-acre property included a farmhouse and numerous barns and outbuildings. We were not able to go inside since no open house has been offered and we hadn't called a realtor to set up a visit. We traveled through a number of quaint towns and passed National Trail Antique Market along the way. To my surprise, Spouse suggested we stop there on the way home. He reminded me we had been there a few years ago, but I didn't recall the visit.

The photos speak for themselves. For me, it was pure eye candy. The one thing that puzzled me was the number of items I saw that could not possibly be antiques....afterall, I have some of them in my own home right now. Could it be I've actually grown so old that my own things are considered antiques? Nah, that can't be it.

Though I didn't purchase a single thing, I had a wonderful time browsing.

5 comments:

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

It looks like a wonderful place with lots of fun stuff to look at. I am glad you enjoyed your day out with the hubby.... That farmhouse sounds great with 17 acres.... I would be in heaven.
Have a wonderful Day
Sabrina

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love those kinds of stores.haven't been out browsing in sooooo long...I hope you find a home soon..;) have a wonderful week ahead.;)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am crazy for that crazy quilt! I used to have one years ago and for some reason I can't remember, I sold it. I would love to have such a gorgeous piece!
I'm glad your were out and about. Sounds like a lovely farmstead. Are you going to try to see it?
Great shop! Haven't been in one in so long, I probably wouldn't know how to act! LOL
Sending blessings your way.
Praying you find a perfect space this go round!
★Linda★

Merilyn said...

you were very restrained to not make a purchase!!! I could not have helped myself, I saw a few things there that would have loved a new home LOL!!!

nancy huggins said...

Love the crazy quilt and if I had a BIG house and tons of money I would justdecorate in early attic..Love it all. Must have been fun to go to a place like that :)