Monday, May 9, 2011

NOAH'S HUGS



HUGS ARE GOOD

There's a sweet little boy named Noah who attends the same church I do. His grandparents bring him almost every Sunday and have explained that Noah struggles with autism. When I first met Noah, he seemed very shy and didn't utter a word when I was around him. There were times he did make a few loud sounds during the service though. To the congregation's credit, no one turned around to see who made the noise. They knew it was Noah. He's a part of the church family and is accepted just as he is. Noah has been attending school and is progressing well. He now talks a little and is learning to call people by name. The most endearing news is that Noah now gives hugs. I received three from him yesterday. What I love about Noah's hugs is they come from his heart. He accompanied each hug with the words, "I give you hug", and that truly warmed my heart. I pray for Noah's continued success and hope he never stops offering hugs.

4 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

It so good to hear stories of God's work in progress. Noah will be in my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo
Carol

Merilyn said...

What a heartwarming story Kady!! Also love the kitty hugs pics!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Ahhhhh, that is the sweetest story I've read in a long while. Definitely a feel-good story. I bet you do feel special when he hugs you. It's a beautiful thing to watch children grow and become confident.
Love the kitty pics!
★Linda★

kelley said...

Awe...those have to be the best hugs in the world!