Wednesday, May 11, 2011

EVERYTHING'S JUST DUCKY

After a busy day of doing laundry, working on kitchen clean-up, and finishing cat care, it was so relaxing to visit Sycamore Trails Park here in the 'Burg. I don't go there as often as I could but I don't know why. The park is less than 10 minutes away and I love feeding the ducks and watching the squirrels play. What's not to like? When my daughter was little, I used to pack our lunches, pop some corn, and drive to the park where we'd spend the whole afternoon coloring and feeding ducks. I've done the same with my granddaughter and we always had a wonderful time. I've recently been depriving myself of some great experiences I could have right here in my own town. Now that the weather is better, I'll go to the park more often.

3 comments:

nancy huggins said...

What a lovely place to go and just relax..We have a huge pond behind the house but I can't go down there now..to many ticks so I just sit in my yard and plan where I will plant more flowers :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a great place to go to after working hard all day. Just to relax and enjoy, we all need that now and then.
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Merilyn said...

I think sometimes that we get so distracted with our lives we forget that these treasures are all around us and we stop appreciating them!!