Sunday, August 21, 2011

MONSTER COOKIE RECIPE

THESE ARE HUGE COOKIES - ALL THE MORE FUN TO BAKE AND EAT!

A few days ago I mentioned the cookies I baked last week reminded me of the Monster Cookies I often made in the 1970's. I did a quick online search and found numerous recipes for Monster Cookies but the one I'm sharing is the only one I've ever used. It's from an old church cookbook and was passed down from a minister's wife who received it from a member of her spouse's former parish. I made dozens of these huge cookies for my family and for bake sales. They were always a hit. I think my grandkids would love them too. I'm wondering why I haven't baked Monster Cookies for such a long time? I can fix that.

MONSTER COOKIES


Ingredients:
(This recipe contains no flour)

3 eggs
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
4-1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup semisweet (or milk choc) chocolate chips
1 cup plain M&M's
1 cup raisins (optional)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

1) In large bowl, beat eggs.

2) Add remaining ingredients in order listed, mixing well after each addition.

3) Use ice cream scoop to place on un-greased cookie sheet – 6 cookies to a sheet.

4) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. I usually flatten the cookies slightly before baking. Let cookies cool thoroughly before removing from baking sheet.

6 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh one of those and a tall glass of milk..oh I miss cookies..and those look good..:)

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Mine friend makes those every year at Christmas, they are delicious.

LibbiesHome said...

Thanks for the recipe! Those look like fun. :)

Merilyn said...

Nice simple recipe, thankyou!!

Tabby Panda said...

These cookies are perfect for my cookie monster children. They will all love this and I am sure that they will ask for more. Thanks for the recipe.

Rose Dipped said...

These cookies look amazing! I got to give this recipe a try!