Thursday, August 18, 2011

FARM FRESH

FIRST COOKIES BAKED AT THE FARM
THANK YOU DEANNA FOR THAT SCRUMPTIOUS COOKIE MIX
KITCHEN IS BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE MINE

OLD JARS FROM THE BARN

I FOUND A SUITCASE IN THE BARN - I HAD THREE AND ADDED ONE - THE SECOND ONE FROM THE TOP IS THE NEW OLD ONE

I've been having fun at the farm this week. Yes, I said "fun". Most of the work is at a standstill until the spackled walls are dry and the flooring is installed. Glenn is working on that as quickly as he can. He has only the weekends and a couple hours in the evenings after work in order to make things happen. I decided I'd like to find out how well the oven works so I baked cookies on Monday. I have a confession to make though. My friend, Deanna, gave me a homemade cookie mix at Christmas time and I had stored it in the pantry here and not remembered having it. I took it to the farm along with other sundries and thought it might be good to finally use it. I already confessed to Deanna that I'd forgotten about the mix, but that doesn't mean I didn't fully appreciate it. Since it had been completely sealed, I had no qualms about stirring up cookies from the mix. They were loaded with M&M's, oats, and giant chocolate chips. In fact, they reminded me of the Monster Cookies I used to make for bake sales. I'll share that recipe another time. The cookies turned out well and tasted great. They were called, "Cookies for Santa" so I had a little bit of Christmas in August.

After I finished baking cookies, I went to the barn, for no reason in particular, but while there I found an old forgotten suitcase and a box full of old jars. Deanna and I are planning to make jar mixes for our families to use as quick dinners or snacks so those jars will come in very handy for storing them. I've washed and dried the jars and will use them as soon as I figure out which mixes I want to put together. When I decide, I'll share them here. I'm going to the farm this afternoon to take over some more kitchen supplies. It seems as if toting things to the farm will never end, but as long as I can have a little fun with it, I guess that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Everything is looking so good. I can see where you are having fun!
Those cookies look amazing!
Can you share pics of the future cat hotel? I'm curious!
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what wonderful treasures you found in the barn.that suitcase looks like it was meant to be with all the rest..and those cookies look soooo good...where is smellivision when you need it.;)

Merilyn said...

What a wonderful old suitcase!! It looks right at home with its new friends and makes a great feature!!!