Friday, April 12, 2013

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

The kittens are now three weeks old and it has taken all this time to decide on names for the mama cat and her family. I think part of the problem was that I didn't want to become attached to them - but it's way too late for that. Mama cat is now known as Misty. I've actually been asking her if that name is pleasing to her and she's not told me differently. She just looks like a Misty to me. Her little female black kitten is Sofie, the gray and white male is Simon, and the solid gray male kitten is called Dustin (named in honor of one of my most cherished and now departed furry companions).
 
The kittens are trying their best to climb out of their toybox so they'll soon be allowed explore their room. They have sharp little teeth now so I'll start them on solid food this weekend and hope they will continue to thrive.




It's rewarding to watch kittens grow and learn, but the faster they grow, the closer they get to becoming someone else's kittens. That's the down side of fostering animals. They're mine for such a short time.
   

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

Lovely names Kady!! Yes, that is the hardest part, saying farewell to these dear little treasures....
I hope you find loving a safe homes for Misty's babys, are you planning on keeping Misty, I kinda hope you will, no pressure LOL!
Thankyou for the update on this little family - they are very lucky to have you at this time!!