Saturday, May 18, 2013

ANOTHER JOURNEY NEARLY COMPLETED




Foster kittens are 8 weeks old and climbing all over the place. They now try to sneak out the door of their room when I go inside it. Simon had his head in the doorway yesterday and I had to open it wider to make sure he didn't get caught in it. He suddenly found himself nose to nose with Baxter, one of the resident adult cats. I was surprised there was no hissing. I simply scooped up Simon and cuddled him as I opened the door and went inside his room. Baxter wasn't the least bit ruffled by meeting the kitten and I suppose the two would have been fine together, but if not, I would have had a hard time gathering Simon since there are lots of hiding spots out there. As it turned out, all was calm and peaceful and I wanted to keep it that way.
 
All three kittens and the mama cat are just beautiful but that Simon (gray and white) is something else. He's the most adventurous and is always ready to have his picture taken. Sofie is rarely happy to have hers taken, and Dustin, well he tolerates it but usually scampers off after the photo has been snapped. Each has his or her endearing qualities and all are ready for adoption. We have some "forever home" possibilities, but people haven't yet been willing to commit to adopting the kittens. Misty has a forever home lined up though, and for that I'm very grateful. She's a very sweet cat and will be a good companion. 
 CHOW TIME, YUM!
 DUSTIN GETTING READY TO ATTACK MY HAND
 SIMON CAUGHT IN HEADLIGHTS
 SIMON FOUND THE CAMERA STRAP 
 PLAYING CUTE KITTY
 DUSTIN'S SERIOUS LOOK  
 MISTY HAS LOST CONTROL OF THE KITS
 SWEET SOFIE GIVES HER BROTHERS A HARD TIME 
 SIMON AND SOFIE LOVE TO BE TOGETHER 
 Look at that sweet face. How could you say "no" to him?

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

Oh! Kady, this little family is just gorgeous!!! It will be very hard to part with any of them!!!
I hope they find loving and forever homes, they deserve it!!!!