Thursday, October 16, 2014

COUNTDOWN TO SHOW TIME

Wednesday was my self-imposed deadline to have all my items finished, priced, and displayed for Saturday's Home Show. I made it! Of course, there are always a few things on my "to-do" list that aren't going to get done, but over all, I feel good about what I was able to accomplish in a few weeks' time. Had I not hesitated for so long, I might have been able to make more items, but it was rather nice the other night to hear my spouse say, "Gee! You have a LOT of stuff to sell!", and yes, that was the goal - but it was good to have him recognize that I truly had been working hard at getting things done. My last items were catnip toys, which I package 3 to a bag. My goal was to make 20 sets of 3. I actually made 60 toys today and packaged them this evening, just before the stroke of midnight. How's that for working right up to the last minute? I could continue to sew for the next two days if I chose to, but at some point, I really need to clean up my messes and straighten the house. Having supplies strewn about drives me a little bit crazy. I've kept up with dishes, laundry, and cat care, but oh my, how the dust bunnies have multiplied! 

Two nights ago, I spent a lot of time rearranging here in my gathering room. I re-did some lighting and moved a few things around since I thought I had too many items just piled into baskets. I think I like how it looks now. I keep telling myself if sales are low, I'll have lots of things to use for my own Fall decorating, and that's not a bad thing. I'm being cautiously optimistic about what might happen on Saturday. Whatever comes, I've had a great time putting this together and re-visiting my sewing. I'll post the most recent photos on my sidebar. I'm still unable to upload photos to add to the text of my post.

Thank you to those of you who've posted kind comments. I'm glad to be back to blogging and I appreciate that you've not forgotten about me.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck. What doesn't sell you could put on etsy and let your blog friends buy.

Kim said...

Oh that sounds like a good idea. I can't wait to see all the goodies.

Merilyn said...

All the very best for today (it's already Saturday here..)I hope you have a successful day, I'm sure everything is just perfect for your visitors/buyers.....

Kady said...

Ladies....thank you for all your kind comments and support. Michelle, I hadn't thought of selling on ETSY, but I surely might try that after my Christmas Home Show. I know people who do that all the time and seem successful. Thanks for the idea!

Kady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.