Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

"Christmas in the Country" home show went very well. Not only was it fun, but I reconnected with some friends I hadn't seen for years. The show was profitable as well, but profit is never my main goal. Seeing old friends and receiving positive comments about the handmade items I offered, was worth more than any sales I made, though sales were very nice, to be sure. I'm already starting to think about hosting a Spring show. I've been sorting some supplies and fabrics and realize I have lots of bunny patterns I've never used. I plan to start my Spring sewing in January. 

Can you believe we've arrived at the end of November? Today is Thanksgiving and my spouse and I have been invited to our daughter's house for dinner. Then on Friday, extended family will be coming here for dinner, .so I don't really get out of cooking, it's just postponed for a day. I can't believe I'm not stressing over getting everything done. I'll cook the turkey and dressing, and fix a layered salad, while relatives fill in with vegetable dishes and desserts. It should be a nice day for visiting with family. 

I intended to leave all my pumpkins, gourds, and straw bales displayed on my front porch through Thanksgiving, but the freezing temperatures ruined them last week. My spouse took the pumpkins and gourds to the far corner of our property and deposited them. If things work out as they have the past two years, we'll have "volunteers" come next Fall. Most of this year's gourds and a few small pumpkins came from that little corner and it was fun searching for them. After the end of this week, we move on to Christmas. It's about this time of the year I begin to ponder all the things my family and I have experienced - some good things and some not so good - and I give thanks for my spouse, my family, my home, and my country. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to count your blessings.       

3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING--Kady and family-
yes I still read your posts--
hugs, di and miss gracie

Merilyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Pleased to hear that 'Christmas in the Country' went well.....

Kady said...

Thank you, ladies. Thanksgiving was filled with family, good food, and thankful hearts.