Thursday, January 22, 2009

J-E-L-L-O !

I recently received this recipe from my (long lost, but now found) cousin, Jeanette. Here's what she says about it: "...your recent query prompted me to remember one I make every Christmas and in-between since everyone likes it. It would serve well for the 14th (red & strawberries :-), but that's not why I'm offering it. It's just really tasty, has a neat texture and super easy, and I think you might enjoy it".

I plan to try it soon. Thanks Jeanette!
Here's the recipe -


Strawberry Jello Salad

1 6 oz. pkg. strawberry jello (or 2-3 oz pkgs)
2 C boiling water
2 10 oz. pkg. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (do NOT drain)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 C applesauce

Dissolve jello in water. Add remaining ingredients and pour into mold. Chill until firm. Overnight is best.

No comments: