Saturday, September 18, 2010

HANSON HOUSE - GROVEPORT OHIO



I was in Groveport Ohio today to attend a bridal shower for my nephew's wife-to-be. Groveport is a quaint town south of Columbus and happens to be the town in which my dad was born and raised. The gathering was held in historic Town Hall and after it was over, I was driving down Main Street heading out of town and nearly drove right past the Hanson House without stopping. I saw it in time to turn into the driveway and was happy to see the shop was open for business.
The owner was there and told me she made much of the folkart sold in the shop. Ms Hanson is a very talented artist and allowed me to take photos of her shop. I told her it was like walking into a wonderland. She had displays of fall and Christmas items and all were pure eye candy. You'll see many of Ms Hanson's folk art in the photos to follow - sheep, dolls, a huge papier mache giraffe, and more.
I re-sized the photos, but you can click on each one to enlarge it.





3 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what a fun store..has a real old fashioned flavor about it..love the big Santa there..;) thanks for sharing..;)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OK be sure and put this stop on your list of to do's for when I come to visit---it looks like a great place to polk around the corners in!!!
Hugs, Di

Carmen and the Primcats said...

What a wonderful shop! And not to far from my house. Maybe an hour or so. I'll have to get down there and see it!

Carmen and the Primcats