Friday, September 17, 2010

TALE OF TWO BROTHERS

CASEY IS ON THE LEFT - CODY IS ON THE RIGHT
For some reason it seems like a good time to tell kitty stories. Each has one, you know. I shared Roxie's and Bigger Tigger's stories, and now it's Casey and Cody's turn.
I received a call from my pastor one morning about three years ago and what he told me was heartbreaking. He and his family had been turning onto an expessway entrance ramp and were stopped in their tracks when his wife spotted two tiny balls of fur beside the highway. They pulled over and went to see about the furry ones. The little tiger came right to them but the yellow kitten hid under the base of a lamp post, terrified of the noise and vehicles. To this day, I don't understand why someone would abandon kittens on a busy expressway ramp.
After much coaxing and enough patience to rival Job, they had the kittens in hand and went back to their car. They called me and asked what they should do. I spent all day calling animal adoption agencies but all were filled to capacity. I vowed to not take them to the local shelter because I didn't think they'd have much of a chance there. My pastor and his wife had one cat, a three year old son, and a newborn. The felt keeping the kittens was out of the question.
Being a person who can't say 'no' to kittens in need, I told them I'd take them in and try to find homes for them. You see how successful I was at doing that. These boys had such a rough start in life and I wanted to give them a better future. I was finally able to enroll them in an adoption agency which had them neutered and vaccinated, but things did not work out well for us at that agency. That's a long story, but I ended up keeping the boys and I've not been sorry for one day. They're sweet affectionate little clowns that have enhanced my life.
I've often wondered if they had littermates and I've agonized over what might have happened to their mama, but I'm happy these two were saved and that my pastor and his wife, both very compasionate people, are the ones to have found them. They certainly knew who to call, didn't they? I love these boys and they'll be with me for the rest of their lives.

5 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

they are beautiful...thanks for sharing their story.;)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

So much kindness in your heart.....This world is so much better because you are in it!
Love your heart!
★Linda★

Unknown said...

I love all the kitty's stories - keep 'em coming! You are really a hero for doing what you do. Hugs!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Kady,
I love this story. Obviously, their kitty guardian angels knew about you and knew you would be a perfect mama for them! Smiles! Laurie

dee begg said...

Awww...what cuties they are. I say it was divine intervention that led them to you.

D