Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE EARLY BIRD...FORGOT WHAT DAY IT WAS

BE SURE TO BRUSH AND FLOSS.
CATNIP FLAVORED TOOTHPASTE - YUM!
OPEN WIDE!
This started out as a good day even though I knew I had a dental appointment this morning at 8:30. I'd rather not go to the dentist at all, but if I must, going early is best. I was up and dressed by 7am and finished sewing and packaging a few small orders so I could deliver them after my appointment. I addressed some cards I needed to send and was out the door at 8am.
I don't get anxious about dental appointments these days (since I'm now a seasoned veteran) so I was enjoying a leisurely drive and admiring the beautiful Spring-like weather. As I pulled into the dental office parking lot, something began to nag at me. I didn't remember receiving a reminder call this time and I hadn't actually looked at the appointment card I was given last week. Surely I was right about today being my appointment but to be 100% sure, I pulled the card from my purse and read, "You're next appointment is on Thursday, March 3rd, at 8:30am". Wonderful. Then I remembered....the receptionist had offered me a Monday appointment but I said I'd rather not start the week out that way, so she planned to schedule me for Tuesday but found no openings until 1pm that day. I asked for another day so I could get in at 8:30. That's when she must have changed it to Thursday, but today, my brain was in Tuesday mode.
For once I was ten minutes early to my appointment. I'm always on time to the dental office, but never arrive ten minutes early. Relief and dread came over me at the same time. I was relieved to receive a reprieve from the procedures today, but began to dread doing this all over again on Thursday. The shops where I needed to deliver my orders didn't open until 10am, so what could I do in the meantime? I did what any sane person would do. I found a few thrift stores in which to browse. I didn't find much but I was able to pass the time until the other shops opened.
My travels weren't in vain. I delivered my orders, enjoyed browsing through some thrift stores, grocery shopped, and was back home by 11:30 this morning - pretty good for being a forgetful early bird.

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

I love it when I can get my errands and appointments out of the way before lunchtime, then I don't feel as if my day has been completely eaten into! Still leaves plenty of time for sewing!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Good grief, girl! You now officially have part-timers! You can't remember what you are doing part of the time. Sometimes you know what you are doing and other times, you just may be somewhere you don't need to be or forget to be somewhere where you should be and you never know when this will happen because sometimes, hopefully most times, you can be expected where you are supposed to go.Now, if time is of a premium and you have many things to get done, you can definitely expect to be late for something important, but if you have plenty of time, you will undoubtedly be early for something that they can in no way fit you in early. *sigh* But if you start out late or in the wrong place, the whole schedule is thrown off and you have no one to blame but your self. Sometimes, you get it right. Sometimes, you don't. There is no way to predict which it will be but chances are, everyone who knows you, knows to expect this every time and they don't even bother to mention it any more. Sometimes works for me!
★Linda★
BTW~ hope you remember your dental appointment. :)

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

LOL...that sounds like me...but I love it when I find a thrift store to fill the gap...

Linda described our problem perfecty... made me crack up with laughter...
So did the cat pictures I'd love tos ee my cats brush there teeth!!

Blessings
Tonya