Monday, November 14, 2011

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

OUTSIDE VIEW OF NEW WINDOWS
INSIDE - RIGHT SIDE
INSIDE - LEFT SIDE

After months of waiting for windows to be placed in the cat area of the barn, I finally have them! Glenn installed two wonderfully large windows over the weekend. That wouldn't have happened if not for our generous friends, Chris and John. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT WINDOWS! Our friends had newer windows installed and offered us the ones that had been removed. At first, Glenn said the windows were much bigger than he'd planned for, but after he measured the areas, (and after a bit of tug-of-war on our parts), he decided they would fit just fine. He still has the inside and outside trim to finish, but the windows are in and I'm very grateful for them and for our kind and generous friends. It might take another week or two for Glenn and I to clean up the area and get the furry ones moved to the farm, but that's ok. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel so I know it's really going to happen. I just couldn't put my cats into an area where there was no natural light. Why the original owners never installed windows there is anyone's guess, but we have them now and that's what counts. It's one more thing we can cross off the "to-do" list. That's another one done...and about a hundred to go.

2 comments:

Merilyn said...

Good stuff Kady!! In my opinion, you can never have too much natural light coming in!!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

They will love being able to watch what's going on in the big world.
Way to go, Glenn!
★Linda★